Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid injection is a combination medicine used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid is a penicillin-type antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medicine is only useful in treating bacterial infections and does not work on viral infections such as the common cold, and flu. Avoid using antibiotics when not needed as it may make you resistant to the efficacy of antibiotics in the future. The medicine is generally prescribed for treating urinary tract infections (UTIs), lower respiratory tract infections, acute bacterial otitis media, and several others.
Do not self-medicate the medicine and take it as per the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Take the injection under the guidance of a doctor or a medical representative. Some people may observe side effects such as Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, stomach or abdominal pain, unusual bleeding, and yellowing of the skin. Usually, the side effects are mild to temporary and get resolve over time. However, if the side effects persist or get severe immediately consult your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of the active ingredients and get alternates. Store the injection in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
The combination medicine is a penicillin-type antibiotic useful in the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections. The medicine works by attacking the bacterial cell and gradually reduces the bacterial population, thereby providing relief from the infection. The dosage is based on the patient’s weight, medical condition, and response to the treatment. The medicine is generally indicated for the following list of bacterial infections:
The side effects are mild to temporary and get resolve over time. The side effects are individualistic in nature and depend on the health condition and response to the therapy. If the side effects persist or get severe, you should immediately seek medical consultation. The list of side effects is given below:
Avoid taking this medicine if you have a history of or are currently suffering from below mentioned health conditions. Taking the medicine in these conditions can cause negative health effects. The list of contraindications is given below:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may cause negative health effects.
2. Pregnant women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine as it may cause toxic effects on the fetus.
3. Lactating mothers should also consult a doctor as the medicine may pass into the breast milk and affect the newborn.
4. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
5. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
6. Do not deviate from the dosage and complete the full course of medicine to see the maximum results.
1. How does the Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid injection work?
Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid are penicillin-type antibiotics that work by attacking the outer covering of bacterial cells thereby destroying the bacterial population.
2. What are some common side effects of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid injection?
The medicine may cause some people to have nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, skin rashes, and various other allergic reactions. Consult your doctor if the side effects persist or get severe with time.